How To Compete With Women Prettier Than You Are

In dating, it’s very easy to feel inferior. Dating is competitive and to many the competition is tough, so how do you compete with beautiful women?

The short answer is, you can’t. The long answer is you really can’t. None of us have the privilege of calling up Jennifer Aniston for confirmation but trust me it’s the truth.

As much as dating is about being good-looking and well put together, there is very little difference in men’s eyes about who is prettier than who. Fine is fine, as far as they’re concerned. I know it seems impossible to believe.

When we as women see a tall, big boobed, longhaired Goddess in a mini dress, we automatically assume men will want her. We’re halfway right, men will want her but men will want you too. Men will want you even more if you’re easy to get along with and smart.

There is no way to compete with a woman who is, in your eyes prettier than you. Stop trying. What you need to understand are the following tips to help you stay competitive in the game of dating, no matter how attractive the competition.

Proximity rules. Pretty, ugly, funny, smart or dumb it really doesn’t matter as long as you’re around. The movie, ‘Just Wright’ is a prime example of how proximity breeds affection. If you’re around the man that you want enough, he will consider dating you. Not if you’re shy, meek, sloppy and lame then no. If you are you’re same old fun sexy self that he would’ve met in the club, then yes.

Most men don’t really want beautiful women. Again, I know you don’t have Jennifer Aniston’s, Halle Berry, Naomi Campbell’s number but trust me, they would agree. Men are okay with just a pretty girl. Someone that his insecurities can handle. If you’re more plain than super sexy, you’re kind of winning. Several men, for all their arrogance and machismo can’t stand another man looking at their woman. Not talking to or hitting on just straight up looking. That perceived attention whoring is what got Jennifer Lopez traded in for Jennifer Gardner.

While it maybe intimidating standing next to or in the same room as women you consider extremely beautiful they are no more a threat than a new car is to a pre-owned car. Some people have to have new and some people just want to choose what’s best for their needs.

You could be prettier. Every person has his or her own standard for beauty and unfortunately we rarely meet them. Although sometimes it mirrors society’s skewed view, singles tend to think what they aren’t is prettier than what they are. Luckily, we are all not aroused by the same qualities. If we fall short of what we consider to be beautiful, it’s likely we’ll feel inferior to others. If you think being thin with long hair is pretty then you need to lose weight and get extensions. If you allow yourself to fall short of what you consider to be beautiful you will never feel beautiful. An easier solution, accept yourself for what you have not for what you think someone else will want.

Accept what you can’t change and change what you can. If you think olive complexions are gorgeous but you don’t have one, understand that if God wanted you otherwise, he would have made you otherwise. No one will ever be Kim Kardashian, you may want to look like her but you will never be her.

Beautiful women don’t want what you want. I consider myself to be beautiful. I have dealt with jealous women who felt like I was going to take their raggedy little man. I didn’t want their man. Chances are unless you’re vying for the handsome, wealthy, 6’4 man that almost all women want nobody wants your man. You may have a crush on a guy that’s wonderful but it doesn’t mean beautiful women will feel the same. If he’s a multi-millionaire look out but if not, rest assured you’re competition is not that steep.

The truth is, no one can date everyone. And as excited, as Oprah’s audience members were to get a free car, some of them just couldn’t afford those taxes.

Beautiful women have their own agenda and it’s not to get in the way of your love life. You can’t compete with them and the good news is, you don’t have to.

Fill out my online form.
There are tons of Wufoo features to help make your forms awesome.

I'm just your average joker, writer, dating expert, know it all, beautiful person and champion for singles. When I'm not getting your dates I'm watching Law and Order reruns.

Tagged with: , , , ,
Posted in HOW TO GUIDES
10 Comments » for How To Compete With Women Prettier Than You Are
  1. This is a great post! I will say – I have a SEXY friend who oozes sex appeal everywhere she goes…and she has the hardest time getting a man to do anything but sleep with her. In each case – the guys have settled down with someone who is still attractive (pretty, beautiful, whatever) but not her.

I find myself looking around and comparing to other girls all the time (stupid, i know) – and this is that lovely bit of advice that will really help calm the voice in the back of my head that says, “Oh, well SHE’S here now…guess I can give up hope of catching his eye!”

• Miss Solomon says:

thanks! I have been on both sides of the fence. I have been jealous of other women and women have been jealous of me. Over the last few years I’ve been lucky to have best friends that are absolutely gorgeous. At the end of the day, I realized the three of us had completely different tastes. We didn’t chase after the same guys and any jealousy I might have felt I knew it was all in my head. There wasn’t a competition, what so ever

2. Penelope says:

So…if you’re beautiful and shy then you’re screwed?

• Miss Solomon says:

Not necessarily but ask yourself, why are you shy. What scares you about connecting with other people. I’ve never been shy so I don’t know what its like but I do know that you don’t have to be aggressive to get a man’s attention, you simply have to be open. If you’re beautiful great, but if you have an energy that deters people from talking to you or approaching you, that is a problem. The idea is that you can take control of what happens in your love life, there really isn’t any competition. Thanks for reading, and for the comment.

3. jenny s says:

If you make the mistake of falling inlove with a shallow and ignorant guy, than you will find yourself competing wth a beatiful woman and you will loose. And that can make you loose your self comfidence. I once stupidly fell inlove with a guy who wouldn’t even give me the time of day and whenever he spoke to me he said something critical that made me question myself and desperate to change who i was into who his new girlfriend was. Many girls wanted that guy but it’s the lucky new girl that got him. And the funny thing was his friend wanted me bu i was too blinded by this unattainable guy that i rejected him. I felt so desparate to have him choose me over that other girl that i kept hoping and hoping, and that prevented me from moving on. I’m still not over him and i still catch myself wishing i was as tall and skinny as his girlfriend.

4. Lauren says:

This is ridiculous. I clicked the link expecting beauty advice or at least something encouraging and kind.
    I got three points in this; 1) The author is beautiful and advises not to bother trying to get a date when she’s in the vicinity.
    2) Or, if you do have a date, obviously it’s some ‘raggedy little man” beneath her and all the other women like her (or he’d have NEVER paid attention to you in the first place)
    3) The only kind of man good enough for her are tall, handsome multi-millionaires.

Did the author really think this was helpful or insightful to a girl that’s feeling less than beautiful?

5. Kairi says:

LOL. Lauren you took the words right out of my mouth! I bet whoever actually wrote this is butt ugly too. Sounds like somebody thinks they ARE Kim Kardashian…

6. Milagros Friley says:

Most women are beautiful. You guys should just post on http://www.formvote.com to see if people think you’re pretty or not. Honestly, I mean, they give anonymous votes there (only the votes) so you can get honest feedback without the assholes of the internet bashing.

7. Madhuri says:

What an intensely obnoxious article. The condescension just drips off the page. the previous commenters, lauren and kairi, got it right: the author is either a troll, or an insufferably arrogant (and deluded) douche. Raggedy little man indeed.

Let me explain the real truth of how women can compete with perceived “prettier” women.

1) They’re not necessarily prettier than you. This article barely touched on the different standards of beauty, even in mainstream American society. The fact is, those wealthy men that this author apparently wants to date don’t all have the same taste. I happen to be a wealthy girl who is not pretty, so I’m surrounded by wealthy men and I know who they date. Some of them totally ignore the girls with supermodel figures because they don’t find them sexy, and instead go for the girl with a librarian look because she was more “interesting” and could be taken seriously. I know one guy who looks like Jake Gyllenhaal who only dates short, chubby, pale girls with masses of brown hair – because he finds them beautiful. Tall, sculpted blondes always try to get his attention, and fail.

2) Beautiful women tend to attract the douchebags that you don’t want anyway. I have a friend who is a STUNNING blonde – her face looks like a classical painting and she has gorgeous big blue eyes. Stunning. But kind of a ditzy blonde, even though she’s a nice girl. Well, she always attracts the players. Men with girlfriends always hit on her, men who want f*** buddies or who just want to score with her hit on her. Rarely nice guys. In fact, we were at a pub recently and talking to two guys from our university – one was a handsome but douchey player and one was a funny, friendly, happy intellectual kind of guy. Both my friend and I were attracted to the intellectual, but the intellectual ignored my blonde friend and gave me all his attention. I’m very plain, and she’s very pretty, but this guy started talking about how he loved an article I’d written and as we got talking, he kept laughing at my jokes and said he loved how smart I am. Eventually he got my number.

My friend? She spent the evening looking jealously my way and wishing that the player (and other players in the pub) would stop trying to pick her up.

This always happens, by the way – intellectual, serious, hard-working men have always ignored my beautiful, supermodel friends and focused their attention on me. Maybe these are the “raggedy little men” the author is so scornful of? In that case, she can rest assured that they don’t want her either.

8. teen sex says:

Terrific internet site. An abundance of beneficial info in this article. I’m just transmitting them to a couple close friends ans as well discussing in yummy. Of course, thanks a lot inside your sebaceous!

2 Pings/Trackbacks for "How To Compete With Women Prettier Than You Are"
  1. [...] will improve your proximity, which will likely get you a [...]

2. [...] can’t compete with them and the good news is, you don’t have to. Re-posted from: http://www.thedatingtruth.com/2011/06/compete-with-beautiful-women/ Published on December 28, 2012 · Filed under: dating beautiful woman; Tagged as: dating [...]